For his gift, I attempted to repair a tear in a canvas painting of the St. George Temple that was painted and given to him by a member during his mission in France. The tear happened during one of our moves several years ago and we weren't sure how to go about fixing it without paying a fortune to a professional artist. Turns out it was more work than I thought, and I'm still working on the finishing touches. I am impressed with my artistry skills thus far...it is now difficult to tell where the tear was just by looking at it.
I also wanted to get it framed (should have done it years ago...maybe it would've prevented the tear), but the canvas is a different shape than the premade frames they sell at Michaels, so I will have to special order it. Another lesson learned on the importance of planning ahead.
This anniversary entry wouldn't be complete without including a wedding portrait:

Our darling baby McKay is growing like a weed! We love him so much and his personality is showing more and more each day. He is a very happy and content baby except for when he is hungry or tired. When we take a "bubble break" from eating, he flips out and screams like he's being severely tortured. If we don't take time to burp him, he still fusses and doesn't eat well because he's uncomfortable. It's a no-win...until he's full, that is.
We love to get him to laugh by making funny sounds...barking, growling, quacking, and mooing usually do the trick. He also has a few tickle spots that make him squeal with delight. He is such a social little man and will smile for anyone...although, he does a get a little shy and tries to hide after a big grin.
His "suck-ifier" is still his favorite thing, but he also loves to suck on his fingers and is getting quite good at finding his thumb. McKay doesn't care much for tummy-time. He's good for about 30 seconds before he starts to cry and kick his legs for someone to rescue him. During that first 30 seconds, if he doesn't get too mad, he will roll over. His favorite thing to do is jump. He will jump in our laps, but likes to jump most in his Rainforest Jumperoo.
I'm addicted to the Olympics. I was inspired by the 33 year old German gymnast. I was even more inspired the 41 year old swimmer from the USA. Maybe if I start training now (by learning how to swim), I could compete in the 2016 Olympics. (Isn't it the dream that counts?) I got emotional in the final moments of the women's marathon. The winner wasn't from the USA, but I was so happy for the experience she had of being the first person to enter the "Bird's Nest" with approximately 90,000 people cheering her on. What an amazing rush! I'll be a little sad when there aren't any more events to watch.
I'll admit I fell prey to the Breaking Dawn craze. I did wait a week to get it after its release. Though I was happy with the way things ended, I was SUPREMELY disappointed in the book and its author. I wish I would have stopped reading after Twilight, the first book in the series. I would be more understanding if the books were not intended for the teen population. The last book reads more like a Harlequin romance novel (not that I've read one of those)...something not quite appropriate for a teenage girl (or me). Enough said.
1 comment:
I love the series, just started it last week but am loving it. Mckay is so big. I can't believe how quickly the time is going.
Post a Comment