McKay Update
We are now to the middle of March and it's only starting to sink in that my baby will turn a year old next month. Much of my days over the last few months have consisted of walking around my house with McKay holding on to my fingers. He takes us where he wants to go, pointing out things along the way. We've done the following things at least a bazillion times on our wanderings: inspected my closet, played with the washing machine lid, turned off and on the XBox, played the piano, turned off and on the lights, opened every door and drawer in the house, and turned off and on the water. We've also found time to swing, dance, eat Cheerios (a favorite) and go for walks OUTSIDE. He loves the computer the most (all of it---keyboard, mouse, cords, etc.) and we've had to sneak to use it so he won't be tempted. His little fingers can pop the keys off the laptop so fast. I'm probably leaving out some things, but I'm simply amazed at how McKay is getting more active everyday. He will take a few steps on his own, but only when we distract him from what he's doing. When he realizes he's walking alone, he sits down or lunges for one of us. I can usually get him to play by himself for a few minutes, but that doesn't last very long before he's calling "Mom" and off crawling to find me. We've tried having him push a walker around, which he can do, but he gets so mad at us and screams while he's doing it. I guess the walker doesn't give him enough freedom to touch and grab what he wants. McKay does his best talking when he IS mad...it's almost like he's giving us a lecture in his own baby language. He's very good with his use of "Mom" and "Dad", and usually calls for the one who's missing or who he's not mad at. It's amazing to actually hear those words come out of his mouth. McKay also has this thing with feeding his dad Cheerios. He will not feed them to me...ever...and I'm usually the one that feeds him. When we're both sitting in front of him asking for Cheerios, he'll always give them to his dad. Last night, we were both asking for a Cheerio but McKay kept putting them into his mouth until they were all gone. Finally, McKay took a mushy saliva-covered Cheerio out of his mouth and offered it to Nathan...which Nathan happily accepted. It was too cute to be gross. Besides Cheerios, McKay is crazy about bananas and guacamole!
Melanie's Wedding
Last month, my spectacular cousin Melanie married her sweetheart, Greg, in the Bountiful Temple. I'd been looking forward to this wedding for months. The day couldn't have been more perfect, and Melanie looked simply stunning. Unfortunately, my camera malfunctioned and I only ended up with a few pictures of the event.
The Happy Couple
1 comment:
I can't believe how fast McKay is growing! What a sweet little boy. Enjoy every moment!
Post a Comment