Miller Family

Miller Family

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Best of Halloweens ever it was!

Halloween is typically my least favorite holiday. I'm not a fan of creepy stuff---spider webs, scary masks, fake blood, etc. I did have a lot of fun last year dressing my baby up for the first time, so I was looking forward to this Halloween more than usual. I really enjoyed making and searching for stuff for our costumes. I'm especially thrilled with my little Yoda. I never thought I would tear up watching my child trick-or-treat. I guess since it was something that I've waited so long for I was a little emotional. He was so cute following his big cousins. As they got to the door, they would wait for McKay to catch up. He learned what to do pretty quick. He maneuvered through the kids to get to the front and held out his bucket. He is so big!



I'm really not much of a Star Wars fan, but I know how much Nathan is. When we registered for baby gifts he made sure to put a lightsaber on the list. We got it (thanks to Misty) and it is one of McKay's favorite toys.

Han Solo, Yoda and Princess Leia


I had McKay put on a costume I got from Old Navy for $1. He wanted it off and told me so many times. He held still just long enough to get a few pictures, but if you look close you can see the tears in his eyes. (I felt like the mom from A Christmas Story.)


5 comments:

Steve and Holly said...

He looks like he definitely likes Yoda better than the chicken!

Janet said...

I can't believe how good you guys looked on Halloween! Definitely the best costumes I've seen this year--and maybe ever! Seeing Yoda trail after his cousins to trick-or-treat was priceless!

NatalieD said...

Love the creative costumes!! McKay is getting SOOOOO big!

Kirb said...

Oh he is such a doll! He looks so cute in both costumes!

Susy said...

So adorable! I must say you make a dashing galacticish family...especially that beautiful Princess Leia.;)