BEFORE
AFTER
I was on a quest to find an old cheap desk to refinish for Red Mountain's (elementary school in Ivins) Jubilee of Trees entry. I searched everywhere in St. George before I enlisted the help of my fab sister, Holly. She found this beauty at the Catholic Thift Shop in Cedar. She was quite the negotiator and talked them down from $30 to $20. It was perfect! Our theme for the tree was "A Christmas Carol". It totally looked like a piece Scrooge would have.
I love the feeling of turning junk into treasure. The desk needed a lot of work and smelled yucky. After a little sanding, some hammering, adding wood putty and lots of painting I think it turned out quite nice. I was sad to part with it. I was trying to find a way to keep it, but the only way this desk could be mine would be to buy the tree....the last bid I saw tonight was at $1271! I'll always have pictures. Here is one of me saying my last goodbye:
7 comments:
Marylynne- look at you girl! You are so talented and there is so very much I have to learn from you! I love the tree and the desk is darling!!! Can't believe that last bid. So crazy but good for the school!!
Mary that is awesome. why were you doing the tree? I loved the desk and could have found the perfect spot in my house too.
My friend asked if I wanted to help. You know me...I can't ever pass up an opportunity to decorate something. The tree got the most votes in the school category so the Life Flight helicopter landed at the school this morning. It was awesome and made the sacrifice of the desk worth it.;) We won't know the final bid until after the weekend...hopefully it went up.
This looks so fantastic! The desk goes perfectly with the theme. Beautiful job!
I am sooo proud of you. When you texted to watch for the tree I had no idea it meant you were in on it!! You sneaker! What a fun thing to be a part of. It was a madhouse that night-- you were right. Kaeleb had a fit cuz they ran out of balloons. HA!
You are a wonder! You should have done two trees while you were at it.
Awesome job!! I am so glad you posted pictures. I was very curious to see what it looked like. I should have you come down and decorate my tree :)
Post a Comment