Party One
The weekend before McKay's birthday, the Kemps came over to hang out with us and brought McKay a delicious cupcake cake. They also gave him another weapon....a foam sword which he loves! What will we do now that they live so far away?!?!
Party Two
We went on a family vacation to California with Nathan's cousin's family, the Wrigleys (Jared, Sarah, Logan and Ethan). They are great friends and we love spending time with them. We spent McKay's birthday (4/26) on the beach where we had a little birthday party. (Two different beaches to be exact.) We spent most of the day playing in the sand on Balboa Beach. It was a little cooler than expected due to the wind, but we still had a lot of fun.
We saw quite a few dolphins swimming close to shore. I was never quick enough to capture more than the fins.
We ate lunch at Ruby's (on the roof) on the pier. We enjoyed spectacular views and fed the birds (even though the sign said not to---shhh!).
Later in the day, we headed down the coast to Laguna Beach where we ate cupcakes and McKay finally got to have the fire (on the candles) he'd been asking for. He knows fire and birthdays go hand in hand. I made the cupcake toppers at home and was glad to find a store that sold cupcakes with blue frosting. (Because blue is McKay's favorite color.) I could've made them myself, but it was so much easier this way.
Party Three
We had another party for McKay with some family and friends at home on Saturday, May 1st. I made him an interesting excavator cake (it's only his most favorite object in the world). Please be kind. It had been a long week so it wasn't perfect to begin with and then McKay got his hands on it. It did resemble a digger, but not to the extent I'd planned. Hopefully by next year his favorite thing is a circle or a rectangle. (I hear those shapes make great cakes.)
At least it tasted good!
The present he loved most was his drum set. (I suspected it would be.) I got it after Christmas on clearance and have had to resist several urges to give it to him early.
(See previous post for McKay's birthday tribute.)
6 comments:
Amazing photos once again! It's okay to feed the birds, according to Mary Poppins.
I admit that I haven't checked your blog for... a long time, but I'm always amazed when I do... and jealous at how awesome you are! You are truly amazing, as a decorator, scrapper, and most of all... mother! Wanna do some scrapping for all 3 of my children?? I don't even have Lexi's first year done and she just turned 7! Yikes. I'm some 17,000+ pictures BEHIND!!!!
Your little guy is one of the cutest I have ever seen! What fun!
Happy Mother's Day to you!
I love McKay's face when he is drumming....he is so into it. You should post video footage.
You did a great job on that cake!!! I don't think I would have had the guts to attempt that one!!! Wish we could have been there for the party - maybe next year :)
Great job on your excavator cake! Your cake themes are quite different from ours :).
I love it! I am so glad he had a few fun birthdays! I wish we could have been at the beach with you.... sigh. Every day Brennan asks if we can go to Disneyland with McKay. And I say "Yes." I am seriously considering February if all goes well with the biz. Too soon for you?
Post a Comment