Lately, when McKay is bored he'll walk around the house, shrug his left shoulder, kick the floor with his right foot and say, "Nuffin' (nothing) to do, nuffin' to do."
Seriously?
A frequently occurring conversation with McKay:
Mom: "McKay, please take that (toy, wrapper, pencil, etc.) out of your mouth."
McKay: "Cows eat it!"
Mom: "No, cows don't eat it."
McKay: "Pigs eat it!"
Mom: "Nope, pigs don't eat it either."
McKay: "Roosters eat it?"
Mom: "No one should eat it. It's not food."
McKay: "HA HA HA HA HA!"
He always includes cows and pigs, but the other animals change. How has he already learned the "everyone else is doing it" justification?
Nathan came home from work the other day and said he needed to go mow the lawn. McKay responded, "Do it later...do it tomorrow!"
McKay already knows about procrastination. Has he learned that from me?!?!?
Playing the guitar and drums are still McKay's favorite pastimes. He picked up the following phrase from a song in the parade at Disneyland's California: "I don't wanna work, I wanna bang on the drum all day!"
McKay still reminds us that he's two. Last week, he stuck a pencil eraser up his nose and pushed it up even farther trying to get it out. He was quite alarmed, as were his parents. Nathan held him down as I pulled the eraser out with tweezers. We were all traumatized for quite some time after. I'm 98% sure he won't do that again.
1 comment:
So funny! I love hearing things they say! They are so funny at this age!
Post a Comment