We had a two day fun-filled celebration in honor of McKay's first birthday. On Saturday evening, we had a little party at the park. It was so fun to have some of our family and friends come celebrate with us. On Sunday, Uncle Preston and Aunt Kristin came over and I made McKay's favorite dinner of chicken and rice. After dinner, we sang "Happy Birthday" again and gave him his own little cake to smash and eat. We then opened presents, played with them a little and then put a worn-out McKay to bed.
Ahh, yes, the pictures. Here we go:
The cake.

(There was supposed to be a fondant banner between the two monkeys on the bottom that read, "Happy 1st Birthday, McKay!" At the last minute, I couldn't find my icing writing pens so I scrapped it. I guess I shouldn't have pointed that out.)


Cake time!



So fun to get Mom messy, too!

Let's not forget about Dad!

McKay stayed surprisingly clean. Most of the cake just ended up in his lap.
McKay loved all of his presents!

7 comments:
It looks like McKay thoroughly enjoyed his big day.
Marylynne! I love the cake! You are such a talented person! Mckay is a cute boy! It looks like he had a really fun first birthday!
McKay's cakes are almost as cute as him (and he's pretty dang cute!!!)!!!
Happy Birthday to McKay! He is so big! Okay, so we already felt bad enough that we missed the big bash....and then you go and post the most amazing pictures. You'd better watch out, we might really steal away McKay to Texas!
Whoa, beautiful job on the cake! Seriously, professional! I wish you were here to make Abi's cake next week. I'm not going to be able to post my hack job. I'll end up on cakewrecks!
Kiss McKay for us!
I'm so embarrassed to post pictures of Bridget's 3rd birthday now. Sigh....then smile because McKay is so cute!
Wow!! That was a pretty amazing mess! What a cute boy. Brennan talks about him every day. He gives hugs and kisses to the picture on the fridge and says "Kay! Yay!"
Mary Lynne I just had to leave a comment. I saw your blog on Susy's and just had to take a look. McKay is darling and so is his birthday cake. You are awesome.
Ranae (steffensen)
Post a Comment