I've officially been dumped....by my baby. There wasn't a warning...no signs. You know the old saying, "It's not you, it's me." Well, clearly in this situation, the saying was, "It's NOT me, it's YOU!" Who told him he could just decide when he wanted to quit nursing...all at once? That's MY job! It's not even that he just didn't want to nurse...it was his reaction at even the thought...crying, screaming, pushing and kicking.
It doesn't matter, what's done is done. It's now been three days and obviously McKay has moved on and I'll only sulk for a little while. Not that I loved every minute of it...we definitely had our issues (especially the first three months). I just don't understand how he can go from LOVING it, to completely despising it in the blink of an eye. I am enjoying the freedom and had been anticipating this day for months, but I wanted to do it on my own terms.
3 comments:
Aren't you trying to raise an independent thinker, an executive decision maker, a peer-pressure resistant child?!?!? Enjoy it!
Sometimes it really is better this way. Just further proof that McKay is really your boy! Congratulations on reaching another milestone!
Maybe McKay is old enough to be a little bit embarrassed about his drinking habits and figures he should eat like a big boy now.
Post a Comment