Miller Family

Miller Family

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I Have an Addiction

At least I'm admitting that I have a problem. Earlier this week, I so innocently decided to check out online digital scrapbooking options. I can't believe how many websites there are dedicated to such a thing. I've been able to download several digital scrapbooking kits for FREE! I've been amazed at the detail and how real it all looks. The best part is that it doesn't take up any space on my scrapbooking shelf (I haven't been a big scrapbooker anyway, so all my stuff fits mostly on one small shelf), and there's no mess to clean up! So now that I've spent most of the week searching for and downloading every free item I could get my digital hands on, I'm having a hard time pulling myself away from the computer (only when my baby's asleep) to do the other stuff I'm supposed to be doing. I'm sure the newness and fascination will soon wear off and I'll be able to find the right balance between work-time and creative-time.

The actual scrapbooking part is done with photo editing software like Photoshop. In case you don't have Photoshop and don't want to buy it, I suggest downloading GIMP, a FREE program with mostly the same features.

Check out my favorite digital scrapbooking sites for FREE stuff :
http://www.shabbyprincess.com/
http://www.freedigitalscrapbooking.com/
http://www.simplycleandigiscraps.com/
http://www.scrapblog.com/ ***You do the all the scrapbooking (arranging, editing, etc.) on their site and then download it to your own computer. The downside is that the overall size is smaller (12x6), but you can change it a little in a different program.

I must admit, I wouldn't know how to do all this fun stuff without help from my cute techno-savvy husband. Thanks, Nathan!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Fun! I should catch the digital scrapbooking bug--it would be cheaper than my regular scrapbooking addiction (and a would take up less space)! I'd love to see what you've done--especially if it involves photos of McKay (yes, Kristin, McKay)! Have you see some of the digital scrapbooking stuff Aunt Jan has done? Her "Handcart Trek Journal" is INCREDIBLE! You can check it out on her blog: http://intheleafytreetops.blogspot.com/

pinkfrostycookies said...

I am going to send you all my photos and have you digitally scrap them for me. Maybe I can get help from you and your cute techno-savy husband in October when you visit!

Ashlee said...

I should get into Digiatal Scrapbooking as well. It definately would take up less space and be more coste effective. Although, I think that blogging is going to be one of my new passions.And it is very close to scrapbooking! We will see what i do! By the way I love your blog. It is darling. We miss you guys and hope you are well.

Summer Miller said...

I have a friend who does this too and she loves it. She was here a couple of weeks ago and brought me a bunch of her stuff. I NEED to find time to do it. I love it.

Maren & Danny said...

Hey my long lost friend! I found you thru Ashlee's blog-hope you don't mind? :0) Thanks for all the digital scrappin info-I have wanted to get into that for awhile but didn't know where to start? But you have inspired me to get going. I think it will be alot faster & more cost effective, although I will probably still do some regular scrappin as well cuz I love the hands on & all the textures & stuff. Anyway, McKay is SO cute! You should definately make more! :0) Talk to you soon...