I really think if Nathan had known how much I loved parades before he married me, he would have had second thoughts---that's how much he strongly DISLIKES parades. His love for me must be stronger to allow himself to be subjected to such TORTURE over and over again. What a good sport! I'll admit not every parade is fantastic and there are parts even I don't like (fire engine sirens, political campaigners, five-minute gaps between entries). What I do love most though, is the opportunity to be with FAMILY, the overall CHEERFUL QUALITY due to happy people smiling and waving (even if it's fake), and my most favorite---KIDS LINED UP along the side of the road WAITING FOR CANDY or other goodies to be tossed their way. Plus, I'm a people watcher and the parade presents plenty of opportunities for that. I hope McKay inherited the parade-loving gene.
On Labor Day, we went to the Iron County Fair Parade in Parowan. After the parade, we headed over to the fair to check out the exhibits. (Should've taken pictures of the enormous rotting fruits and vegetables...maybe next time.) We ate lunch at Brad's (YUM!) and then headed out to the Jolley Farm to check out the sheep. Alex, Morgan and Kaleb raised some sheep to auction at the livestock show. (HINT: I hope Holly will post auction pictures on her blog.)
Enjoy the slideshow from our fun-filled Labor Day!

Create Your Own
3 comments:
fun day. We didn't do the parade thing. I can't handle the crowds or the lack of bathrooms but one of these days I am going to go to the 24th of July one. Where did Mckay get those checks??
Great photos, Mary Lynne!
I love the close-up of McKay in his hat!
Post a Comment