Our smart, happy, funny, sweet, handsome baby is two years old!
Two! TWO! TWO!
McKay's Grandma Miller wrote him a poem for his birthday and I loved it so much that I want to share. Here it is:Two! TWO! TWO!
There are so many things we love about McKay. Here are just a few:
::: His morning snuggles.
::: His special guitar performances with great dance moves.
::: The way his little voice sounds when he says things like:
"Mom, buy it!" "What?" "Come on!" "Cows, over der." "Fick it! (Fix it!)" "Mom, wake up!"
He talks nonstop and we mostly understand what he says.
::: How he says, "Cheese!" and gives us a silly smiley face when we try
to take his picture.
::: His shyness.
(He got a double dose of that from both of his parents.)
::: His never-ending supply of energy.
::: His affinity for large vehicles.
Specifically, boats, semi-trucks and trailers, dumptrucks, diggers and loaders.
::: His favorite color is blue.
::: Instead of sleeping with a soft cuddly teddy bear or blanket, he holds his miniature semi-truck.
::: He likes to be involved in anything we're doing even if it's work.
He loads the laundry in the washing machine. He helps unload the dishwasher and puts the dishes away in the correct places if he can reach. He really can wash dishes. (He'll even take the silverware out of the drawer and pretend to wash it in his play kitchen.) He's offended if we take the garbage out without him.
::: His curiosity.
(Even if it usually gets him into trouble.)
::: How he loves to sing and do the actions to "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree".
::: His Atomic Elbows.
He pats his right elbow twice with his left hand and then brings the elbow down on his unassuming target.
::: His sloppy kisses and big squeezes.
::: His infectious laugh...even when it's fake.
::: How he lines up all the various bottles under my sink along the edge of the bathtub.
::: How he calls me "Mom" at least 200 times a day.
I can't ever say it enough or loud enough.....I LOVE MCKAY!!!
And I feel so blessed to be his mom.
::: His morning snuggles.
::: His special guitar performances with great dance moves.
::: The way his little voice sounds when he says things like:
"Mom, buy it!" "What?" "Come on!" "Cows, over der." "Fick it! (Fix it!)" "Mom, wake up!"
He talks nonstop and we mostly understand what he says.
::: How he says, "Cheese!" and gives us a silly smiley face when we try
to take his picture.
::: His shyness.
(He got a double dose of that from both of his parents.)
::: His never-ending supply of energy.
::: His affinity for large vehicles.
Specifically, boats, semi-trucks and trailers, dumptrucks, diggers and loaders.
::: His favorite color is blue.
::: Instead of sleeping with a soft cuddly teddy bear or blanket, he holds his miniature semi-truck.
::: He likes to be involved in anything we're doing even if it's work.
He loads the laundry in the washing machine. He helps unload the dishwasher and puts the dishes away in the correct places if he can reach. He really can wash dishes. (He'll even take the silverware out of the drawer and pretend to wash it in his play kitchen.) He's offended if we take the garbage out without him.
::: His curiosity.
(Even if it usually gets him into trouble.)
::: How he loves to sing and do the actions to "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree".
::: His Atomic Elbows.
He pats his right elbow twice with his left hand and then brings the elbow down on his unassuming target.
::: His sloppy kisses and big squeezes.
::: His infectious laugh...even when it's fake.
::: How he lines up all the various bottles under my sink along the edge of the bathtub.
::: How he calls me "Mom" at least 200 times a day.
I can't ever say it enough or loud enough.....I LOVE MCKAY!!!
And I feel so blessed to be his mom.
Morning Star
By: Wanda Miller
Two years ago
With a baby's cry
A special star
Lit the morning sky
Trailing glory
And bringing joy
To the parents of
A little boy
Touching the hearts
Of those who knew
His miracle birth
Was a dream come true
Blessing lives
From the very start -
Lighting the landscape
Of my heart.
By: Wanda Miller
Two years ago
With a baby's cry
A special star
Lit the morning sky
Trailing glory
And bringing joy
To the parents of
A little boy
Touching the hearts
Of those who knew
His miracle birth
Was a dream come true
Blessing lives
From the very start -
Lighting the landscape
Of my heart.
4 comments:
Oh what a sweet little boy! I just want to give him a great big hug when I see his picture! I love the poem Nathan's mom wrote it was beautiful.
He is still so scrumptious! I can't believe our kiddos are two! Boy, how time is flying by... I loved reading these tidbits about Mckay! Boy, How we miss your sweet family. Hope to see you soon!
McKay is still as adorable as ever! I need to see him again.
I was waiting for birthday posts about McKay & didn't see this one! I got teary reading everything you wrote. So hard to believe that he has only been here two years!
Post a Comment