Miller Family

Miller Family

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Honesty

Mom: "Does Mommy look pretty?"
McKay: "Katie's pretty!"

Katie is McKay's cousin on whom he has a major crush. He's been in love with her since she played soccer with him at our family reunion. Whenever we talk about her, he gets a big grin and a twinkle in his eye. It's true, Katie is very pretty.


Mom: "What's going on here? What are you in to?"
McKay: "Trouble."

That's often the case.


Mom: "Why is your hair sticky?"
McKay: "I make handsome."

If I call him by anything other than his name, he'll say, "No, I handsome."


We were out for a ride when McKay shouted out, "OH MY GOSH! A water fountain! Dad, pull over! Let me out!"

I'm not thrilled he's picked up on certain phrases. We've tried to change it to "Oh, dear!" or "I can't believe it!".


If McKay feels wronged or is upset with me, he'll say, "I tell Dad!" The same thing goes if he's upset with Nathan, "I tell Mom!" The other day he was upset with both of us and thought he was being mistreated so he yelled, "I tell Joe!"

Joe is our neighbor/friend and is a dog trainer.
McKay often asks to go to "Joe's house". Joe is a pretty cool guy. McKay likes to pretend he's "Joe" and trains his stuffed animals to "sit".

4 comments:

Kwint and Gina Kemp Family said...

I have been cracking up reading the last few posts! McKay is so funny! I just want to squish his cheeks!

Janet said...

I love to read these posts of what McKay says! Joe sounds like a TV character.

NatalieD said...

He's hilarious and adorable. You should keep him.

pinkfrostycookies said...

He is so entertaining! Did you stop for the water fountain?