Today marks five weeks since I eliminated all milk, soy, egg and wheat products from my diet. Up until now I don't think I've ever lasted on any diet more than a week. I just don't have much willpower. However, it goes to show when it comes to the health and well-being of my baby I'm willing to do anything---even if that means going without chocolate and pizza (among many of my other favorites). The diet isn't so bad after all. I'm discovering I might have more willpower than I thought. I've been able to develop a liking for oatmeal and avocados---quite surprising since the thought of either used to make me gag. Deciding what to make for dinner is quite easy since there are only a limited number of choices. The best part is that I weigh less now than I did before my pregnancy. I have to admit that I'm pretty pleased with myself!
In other news, McKay had his two-month well-child checkup today. He weighs in at 12.5 pounds and is 23 inches tall. He ended up getting poked five times---two for a hemoglobin test and three for his immunizations. He only whimpered when his toe and finger were pricked, but he howled when he got his shots. As much as it broke my heart, I was happy that I was the one who could console him. I love being his mom!
2 comments:
Keep up the good work!
I typed a wonderful comment and it disappeared! So now you get a shorten version. I have to eat to avoid inflamation. I gave up dairy, meat, sugar, and refined flour three years ago. I do get fish. Most days I feel well but eventually I'll have to give in and get two new hips. They only last 20 years so I want to only have to do it once. I have some great recipes to share.
Love your blog!
Aunt Sally
Post a Comment