Miller Family

Miller Family

Sunday, December 14, 2008

23!

(For this post I'm choosing to have number dyslexia, but that's how old I FEEL...so it IS partly right.)

The benefit of having a birthday on a Friday is that the whole weekend becomes an ongoing celebration. On Friday, we went to dinner with Kristin and Preston. The food was terrible (ate at Buffalos because we had a gift certificate---DON'T EAT THERE), but the company was great...of course. We came back home and ate my yummy carrot birthday cake (Nothing Bundt style) that Nathan made. I know...my husband is wonderful and I'm so lucky to have him! On Saturday, we went to Cedar City and had dinner at Rusty's...soooo good! We had quite a party with my parents along with four of my siblings and their spouses. We were all brave and made it up the canyon through the blizzard. It was even braver of us (probably stupid) to drive home after dinner. We should have stayed the night, but we felt like we needed to get back for church at 9:00 am, so we drove home at a snail's pace through the snowstorm. We've driven through several bad snowstorms before, but this trip was ultra-stressful with a baby on board. McKay actually slept the whole trip home, but I was pretty anxious until we made it to clear roads.

I won't list all of my fabulous gifts, but I will show a picture of one of my favorites (from Kristin and Preston):

That's right...it's the Alamo...all lit up for Christmas! I LOVE the Alamo and I'm tempted to leave this out all year. I can't believe how closely this resembles the real thing...right down to the doors.

Thanks to everyone who made my birthday so special! Oh, and my sister made me cry with this. (Sisters are the best!)

6 comments:

Toad, Lizard, Squidney & Emmaphant said...

Happy Late Birthday Mary Lynne. I am glad that it was wonderful, except for the bad dinner. :( That was pretty sweet the things your sister wrote about you. I would have to agree with her. You are very special, talented, kind, and a great piano teacher too!

Summer Miller said...

Happy late birthday. It looks like a fabulous time.

Ashlee said...

Marylynne, Happy 32nd! I really missed coming by to see you this year and surprise you with a new nativity I found for you. Know that you were in my thoughts! I have appreciated your friendship so. You are really truly an amazing person, just like your sister stated. You are such a talented and special person and such a great example to me! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARYLYNNE!

LJKreyling said...

Wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday even though it is a few days late. I am so glad you are my new visiting teacher. Thanks so much for the wonderful present. It smells so wonderful! You are so sweet and thoughtful.

Preston and Kristin said...

I know, right?

Maren & Danny said...

Happy belated! Sounds like you had a great weekend. If I use your age figuring I will be 03 this year? :0)