Miller Family

Miller Family

Monday, December 1, 2008

What? It's December?!?!

I was going to write a list of all the things I did last week, but I'm afraid it would take me too much time and too much brain power to try to remember it all. To say that it was a busy week would be an understatement! We were so blessed to have the Wrigleys (Jared, Sarah, Logan and soon-to-be-born) come stay with us for most of the week. We always have tons of fun when we get together. We didn't have much time to play around though...it seemed like we were always coming and going or cooking and washing dishes. Somewhere in the middle of it all we had Thanksgiving at Nathan's parents' house with many extended family members. I made three pies (of seventeen), gravy, cranberry sauce and eight dozen of these (this is the only picture taken by me on Thanksgiving):



We usually try to split up the day between both our families, but this year we broke with tradition since there was way too much work to do, so we just did the Miller thing. I did manage to sneak away for a couple of hours to play some Guitar Hero with my 17-year-old nephew, Christopher (who totally creamed me by the way). I guess it was to be expected since I haven't played in almost a year (my hands were numb for the last several months of my pregnancy). I'm going to have to break out my Guitar Hero to practice up for a Christmas rematch. He did warn me a couple of months ago by saying, "I just want to let you know that I can pretty much beat you now at Guitar Hero." I admit, he's pretty good and can play the hardest on expert, but just you wait, Mr. Christopher, just you wait!

In another break with tradition...I did not go shopping on Black Friday. The only thing that I felt like I missed out on was the special sister time that usually takes place that day at 4:00 am. Maybe next year?!?! I did go shopping on Saturday afternoon though, the stores were not nearly as crowded as I had anticipated and I did get a few great deals.

I broke down and went to see Twilight on Friday. Hopefully I waited long enough to not be considered an obsessed fan. I did like the movie...didn't think it was the best movie ever, but it was good. In a couple of supposed-to-be-serious moments, I couldn't help but giggle at the way a few of the lines were delivered. I think I'll wait until its DVD release to see it again.

Even though we were pretty busy, I did enjoy Thanksgiving and did find time to reflect on all I'm grateful for. I won't list everything (see first paragraph), but I am most grateful for my angel miracle baby who has filled my life with so much love and joy. I have "thanksgiving" in my heart every day for this precious gift Heavenly Father gave to me. I'm sooo looking forward to Christmas this year I can't even stand it!

8 comments:

Ashlee said...

Marylynne, It sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I love your family photo. Did you just get those taken? They are so cute! We had a nice Thanksgiving! Just wish there was more time to see friends. Our new news is that we have found a home! It is a short sale. The owners accepted our offer and now we are waiting for the bank to respond. We are Hoping to be in by christmas! Keep you posted!

Summer Miller said...

I am glad you had a good time with family. We almost drove down Thursday because it seemed kind of lonely up here.

Maxwell (Mad)House said...

Your feelings on the Twilight movie are pretty much exactly how I felt:)

SO are you living in Cedar then?

Your rolls are gorgeous....I totally cheated this year and bought my pie at Costco. I also tried really hard to ruin my sweet potatoes but they ended up ok. I'd like to blame it all on pregnancy, but I'm not sure that I honestly can:)

Susy said...

I'm with Ashlee, your family pic is so cute.

I'm so looking forward to Christmas as well. Playing Santa is the funnest acting job ever. Todd and I are seriously giddy on Christmas Eve. SO FUN. This year I'm dealing with non believer though (Jamis). I'm not ready for big kids. I still remember when you told me your Dad was Santa. I ran right home from church and told my Mom and Bonnie that I knew exactly who Santa was...It was Mr. Pearson of course. ;) This Christmas will definitely be an enjoyable one for you!

Preston and Kristin said...

LOVE the new header!

Melanie said...

1. I love your new layout.
2. Your new family photo in the header is ADORABLE! (McKay is so photogenic!)
3. Those rolls look YUMMY--I want the recipe!!! PLEASE!

Steve and Holly said...

Cute page! Your rolls look almost as good as mine!;)

Kirb said...

oh my mouth is watering looking at those rolls. Those look so yummy! Might need that recipe from you!!