Miller Family

Miller Family

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Gruene, TX and More

We spent a few hours strolling down the streets and through the stores of this cute little town. Gruene Hall is the oldest dance hall in Texas and is where George Strait got his start. Somehow I ended up not getting a picture of the actual hall, but we got a picture of us standing just to the side of it.


This is how my ten-month-old niece, Elena, "hangs out" in her stroller:


She is a little shy and likes to pull her headband down over her eyes so she can see out a little, but so no one can see her. Several people we passed kept stopping to let us know her headband had "fallen" over her eyes. So cute!

One of my favorite things about Gruene---a charming old mansion that has been converted into a B&B:

Men and babies:

After being out in the humid heat for a few hours, we decided it was time to spend some time in the air-conditioned shopping outlets. My brother-in-law, Lee, discovered this grotesque spider in the bushes nearby:


This is a Texas Yellow Garden Spider. An article on the internet states, "There is hardly a yard in South Texas in summer that does not possess one or several garden spiders, often called the "black-and-yellow garden spider." I don't think we'll be moving there. Sorry, Suzanne!

I need to end this post with a cute picture. Here are two little cousins loving to be together:

1 comment:

pinkfrostycookies said...

Great pictures! I especially love the last one.
We should have stolen McKay while we had the chance.
I can't count how many times I day I hear: "I miss Mary Lynne" or "I miss Nathan" or "I miss McKay." (I also hear I miss Grammy & Grandpa.)