Miller Family

Miller Family

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Texas

A cute welcome sign my sister and nieces made.

We returned home late last night from a fabulous trip to San Antonio to visit my sister, Suzanne, and her family. They were gracious enough to let us and my parents stay for 9 days/8 nights. The time went by way too fast! We had a great time and were kept very busy visiting the nearby attractions. The first night there we ate yummy food at a down home Texas BBQ restaurant, Rudy's. The next day we took a stroll through the quaint German town, Gruene. On Sunday, we took a drive to the Gulf of Mexico and toured a decommissioned aircraft carrier, the USS Lexington, in Corpus Christi. Parts of the movie Pearl Harbor were filmed there. On Monday, we went to the San Antonio zoo, toured the Alamo and took our first walk along the Riverwalk. (I will add more comments about these places when I post the pictures.) We shopped and worked on a few projects during the week and returned to the Riverwalk on Thursday night for a riverboat cruise. On Friday, we went to Sea World. While I like Sea World in San Diego, I have to say that it is better in San Antonio. (Isn't everything bigger and better in Texas?) We rode a few roller coasters there. They had "Jack's Frightmare Forest," which was pretty good as far as "spook alleys" go with a frightening chainsaw ending. There were spooky clowns, werewolves and zombies walking around Sea World that totally creeped me out.

I've considered making a slideshow out of the 900+ pictures we have (between our camera, my parents' and my sister's), but I don't have the patience to even load 1/10th of them and I'm not sure anyone has the patience to view them. So each day, for the next few days, I'll be posting a few of the best ones.

My sisters who live in Las Vegas made the trip so much easier for us by dropping us off and picking us up from the airport. They rock! (All my sisters do.) THANK YOU, THANK YOU and THANK YOU!!!

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

Yeah! I get to be the first to comment! :) It sounds like you guys had a really fun time! I look forward to seeing some of the pictures you took of your trip. How did McKay do with his first plane ride?

Summer Miller said...

I wondered where you had been. It looks like you had a great time.