Miller Family

Miller Family

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Cat Rant

I actually don't have enough time at the moment to list every reason I STRONGLY dislike cats, but today's incident has urged me to write a post for therapy's sake.

When I went out to check the mail today, I was greeted by a gory mess on my welcome mat. This isn't the first time this has happened---more like the tenth. Not only were there the remains of a dead bird (several little pools of blood, inner organs, etc.---sorry for the graphic description), but we were left a bonus present by the perpetrator (that's how I know it was a cat). I could feel my own blood start to boil and my blood pressure rise at the thought of having to clean up something so yucky---again. I'm 99.9% sure of the specific cat, but there really isn't anything I can do about it. I'm also embarrassed because I didn't see the "present" until my visiting teachers had come and gone---with their kids.

Arrrgh!!!!

I feel a little better, now.

7 comments:

Summer Miller said...

I can only imagine how upset that made you. Since I love kitties I will have to substitute snake for each cat reference to understand but I sympathize and am so sorry you are stuck cleaning it up.

Toad, Lizard, Squidney & Emmaphant said...

I so feel your pain. We would get rabbit remains. Although it hasn't happen to us since a certain dog moved out of our neighborhood. Strange...

Ashlee said...

I concur with toad, lizard, and squidney. I have not so fond memories of that happing to us only with rabiits. It was disgusting! Guess it was preparing you for the Halloween Holiday. Blood and Guts! Just Kidding. I love your Halloween Blog and the pictures of Mckay are so cute!

pinkfrostycookies said...

That is disgusting! I'm sorry for your pain and suffering. Thanks for not posting photos of this experience!
Speaking of photos.....what adorable photos of McKay. He is the cutest little pumpkin I have ever seen. I love your new header and template.

NatalieD said...

I am not a cat-lover either, but I have a friend who had 14 pet cats at one time. (She's down to "only" 9 now, and they're all house cats.)

Steve and Holly said...

So where's the monkey costume? --Or do you have a different Halloween outfit for everyday of October???

Preston and Kristin said...

If satan had a house pet, it would be a cat. For the most part, they give me the creeps, except for Morris.